TOEFL Essay Topic 32 - Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
use of money
I think saving money for future is really important. We don’t have to be very strict to the usage of money, but should always remember to keep some for future. Since the economic downturn is still going on, finding a job is quiet difficult for the new generation, and plenty of people get fired every day. I recently heard that NOKIA is going to fire over 10,000 employees. 10,000 people means 10,000 families are affected. If every family have four members, than over 40,000 people would possible be short in money very soon. If those people did save some money before, than they would be less pressure in living.
Some believe that everybody should enjoy their money as soon as we get it. They think that people would only grow older and older, we would possibly be too old to enjoy anything when we retired. We would be too weak to climb the mountain, we would be too sick to leave the hometown for traveling. So saving money until than is a stupid idea. But people with this belief seldom consider the possibilities of other aspects. What if one day we suddenly need a great amount of money, such as settling down and buy a new house? What if our parents suddenly in urgent need for medical care?(Though we hope this would never happen) Those things are more important than playing around. Shouldn’t we plan on our usage of money after a careful thought of these possibilities?
We should enjoy our money for sure, if we do make a good plan on that. People need relax, too much works really would stress out and would lower our performance at work. Maybe we should take 40% of our money to have fun and create happy memories, and let the other 60% stay in the bank, that’s what my parents choice. They would still bring us to vacation one time or another while saving some money back. I think their decision is really nice, because this year my brother suddenly need surgery, and the amount of money needed is quiet high. But we can cover the money since they save some for the case before.
If people save some money, they don’t have to worry of the emergency need and retired life anymore. They would still have fun while they are young. and wouldn’t fear of the sudden difficulties– feeling safe in everyday life is important, too. That’s why I insist on saving money rather than spending them all.
Under the same topic
Library is where you can find many interesting things, not only academic topics you are interested in but also the world you would like to look for. In my opinion, I agree that contribute to the library benefits university and also the community we live in. Because there are still some needs to buy the […]
Many people hold the view that face-to-face communication is better than other types of communication, such as letters, e-mail, or
Many people hold the view that face-to-face communication is better than other types of communication, such as letters, e-mail, or telephone calls. As far as I am concerned, I do not agree with that view. There are many reasons that support my point of view, and I would explore a few of the most important […]
Some people think that one of the good qualities of a son or a daughter is to be calm, others think the opposite. In my opinion a good son or daughter has to be obeyant, rational and independant. First he or she has to be obeyant to be able to have control on them.For instance […]